With specific health guidelines in place, working in the office in NYC is certainly safer now than at the onset of the pandemic. While you may be apprehensive about returning the office environment, the benefits of getting out of the house, finding deeper focus, and taking advantage of a change of scenery can do wonders which, some would say, helps to actually improve your health.
Everyone’s comfort level will be different as the world starts to reopen, but in most cases, you should feel quite safe to work in the office or from a coworking space NYC-wide. Here, we’re sharing some of the protocols in place that make health and safety the top priority.
How Office Space in NYC is Staying Safe
According to the governor’s office, there are certain mandatory and recommended guidelines for office-based work to keep both employers and employees as safe as possible.
Some of the mandatory guidelines for office space in NYC include:
- Offices are to remain at 50% capacity
- Maintain 6 feet of space between individuals
- Face coverings must be worn if coming within 6 feet of another individual
- Small spaces used by more than one person is prohibited (elevators, vehicles) unless all individuals are wearing face coverings
- Shared workstations (such as hot desks in a coworking space NYC-wide) must be disinfected between users
- Interpersonal contact must be reduced as much as possible (splitting up hours/shifts, etc.)
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes should be made available
- Face coverings are to be provided
- Sharing face coverings is prohibited
- Workers are to be trained on how to clean the area and are to be given the proper PPE
- Office spaces must advise workers and visitors of the mandatory guidelines
- Limit tool sharing such as laptops, notebooks, and writing utensils
- Prohibit shared food and beverage among employers, employees, and remote workers in the case of a coworking space in NYC
- Confirmed positive COVID-19 cases are to be reported to the appropriate authorities immediately
These guidelines go into all the specifics about what’s mandatory for office spaces in NYC to help keep those who work from offices safe and healthy. Additionally, there are also recommended guidelines that aren’t necessarily mandatory but can help office spaces offer an even safer environment for all.
Overall, the local government has done its best to provide the most up-to-date information about this evolving health situation. However, it’s likely that you’ll be quite safe while working from an office space thanks to these protocols.
How Coworking Spaces in NYC are Staying Safe
Working from an office space in NYC is one thing, but what about working from a coworking space in NYC?
Coworking spaces are themselves considered office spaces and are therefore required to adhere to the mandatory regulations put in place by the governor’s office. While you may come into contact with more people while working from a coworking space than at a traditional office, it also means that coworking spaces are likely to be sanitized more often as well.
Let’s have a look at two of the top coworking spaces NYC-wide, WeWork and Industrious, to see how they’re keeping workers and visitors safe in their office spaces.
Across WeWork’s various coworking spaces in NYC, the company has consulted with medical professionals and international standards officials to ensure the safety of everyone who works there.
With increased sanitization efforts and complimentary sanitary products, a higher priority is given to personal space as shared spaces have been staggered with increased buffer zones. WeWork has also implemented new cleaning protocols that are reinforced through strategically placed signage to ensure everyone is aware of the guidelines in place.
At Industrious, another coworking space in NYC with various locations across Manhattan, they’ve implemented frequent cleaning and sanitization (especially in high-traffic areas), visual signage to encourage proper hygienic best practices, and HVAC systems that improve fresh airflow to reduce the risk of airborne transmission.
Industrious has also updated its layout to ensure all who work there can easily maintain a 6-foot distance and capacity has been reduced so that it remains within the NYC guidelines.
Working from a coworking space NYC-wide has countless benefits from helping maintain positive mental health to boosting productivity. Coworking spaces throughout the city have been working tirelessly to make sure that you’re safe and healthy while working from these amazing facilities.
Interested in using a coworking space in NYC while working remotely? Learn more about some of the top coworking spaces in NYC and check out the latest health guidelines for each location.
Enterprise software development experience. More recently in positions including CTO, Lead Developer and Head of Product in Australia. Deep expertise in property and legal technology in Australia with a specialty in lead generation and tech scalability across Asia-Pacific.